Thursday 16 July 2009

A lesson to be learned...

So, I had a pretty BAD day yesterday.


I was casually emptying my trash on my lovely macbook, when i realised that, to my amazement, it was emptying 1,936 files. That's wierd, i thought. I don't have that much trash in there?
Well, I didn't have, and the files that i emptied turned out to be all my highly valuable work for months.




Oh. Crap.




Luckily, I have amazing friends that came to the rescue with various methods to get my trash back, and one friend, Tim, sat with me for about 5 hours helping restore my files. Then it was over to me to rename and change the file names back for a further 3 hours after that.




The moral of the story?


ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR WORK.




The End.




Here is an image i was working on that was (yes) recovered!




3 comments:

Filtered Creative said...

I'm glad we saved the pants, its all about pants... ;-)

Stu Robson said...

flippidy dip skip! close one!!!
Wot medium is it? Paint? Pens? Digital? Blood? Sugar?

Charlotte Cooke said...

this one is done in illustrator. am favouring that and/ or acrylic paint at the moment!