Sunday 29 April 2012

Deadline monday looms...

Don't you just hate a deadline monday? Monday is the worst day anyway, so slap a deadline on it and make it even more depressing!

It means working weekends which isn't fun really, but necessary. Being an illustrator is not glam, it is jolly hard work. And if you are thinking all we do is make pretty pictures well you're wrong i'm afraid.
There's a lot of careful planning, trial and error, tweaks and mistakes, re-do's and plenty of materials used.

Saying all that, I wouldn't change it for the world. I love my job and I never once forget how lucky I am to be doing what I do, and that some people like it, and want me to do work for them.
Like the lovely people at Nickelodeon - and this weekend I have (almost) finished the colour spreads for the first 'Bedtime story with Arnie and Barnie'. Hopefully they will like what i've done!! And once we're all approved, it's on to no.2 (of 6!)

As well as all this, I am embarking on the 'Adventures of the owl and the pussycat' book once again. So excited for this book, and after my meeting in london last week, I am raring to go with it... now to just find a spare second...


1 comment:

June said...

Don't you sometimes wish you had a clone that you could switch-on when deadlines loom :o)